D2L SIU is A learning management system is developed by Southern Illinois University for the creation of online courses. Desire2Learn or D2L Brightspace is the name of this learning management system. Here’s everything you need to know about this situation.
Login and Navigation for the Course
- The first step is to type mycourses.siu.edu into the search bar of your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- You will be directed to D2L’s main page.
- It’s now time to input your username or SIU85 number, as well as your personal password.
- Don’t forget to hit the blue Log at the bottom once you’ve done typing the required information.
- You’ll be brought to your D2L homepage, where you can see a list of all the courses available each term. You are free to enroll in any course during any term. If you wish to do it, simply set your computer pointer on the course image and press the Enter key once.
- You’ll be taken to your course’s main page. On this page, you’ll see a navigation bar at the very top of your course. To show the spread down menu in each tab, select any of the tabs.
- The assessment tab is the one that you will utilize the most. Assignments, Video Assignments, Grades, Quizzes, Rubrics, Self-Assessments, Surveys, Attendance, and Awards are among the possibilities in the drop down menu.
Instructors and classmates are being emailed
- After you’ve logged in to your source, go to the Communication drop down menu in the main navigation bar and select Classlist.
- There will be a few options available to you. Feel free to send an email to everyone or just a select set of people. It can be done by clicking on the Email Class list option at the top of the page for instructors, students, or teaching assistants.
- Additionally, you can send emails to the individual participants by checking the empty box beside the image. It’s vital to remember that participants are divided into groups based on their roles.
Discussion Board Posting
- You must select Discussions from the Communication drop down box once you are in your course and on the Course Home page.
- Then, with your pointer over the discussion subject title, select the one to which you want to post or reply. As a result, the active debate topic will be highlighted.
- Finally, you can start typing your contribution by selecting Start a New Thread. Please adhere to your instructor’s content and posting guidelines.
Content from D2L
- To use D2L Content, go to the Course Homepage and then click on Content.
- If you wish to access all of the course’s content, you can use the Table of Contents. You can also use the Table of Contents to access individual modules.
- When you click on a certain module, you can use the arrow to navigate through its content.
Using D2L on an iPhone or iPad
- To begin, open the web browser application.
- Go to www.SIU.edu, the official website of Southern Illinois University, once it has opened.
- Click on My Course after you’ve arrived.
- The fourth step is to input your username, which is SIU Dawgtag, and your password, which is your Dawgtag’s password.
- Then, on the Menu Icon, click.
- After that, select Waffle.
- Finally, from the offered List of Courses, select the one you want to enroll in.
How to Use D2L on a Laptop
- The first four steps are identical to those for using D2L on an iOS device.
- You can find the course you’re looking for under My Courses after entering your account and password.
Taking part in a virtual classroom session
- Logging into your D2L course and clicking or hitting Content in the main navigation bar is the first step in attending the virtual classroom session.
- The following step is to tap on the proper folder and content.
- The final step is to press the Enter Meeting Room button, which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- You are now able to participate in the virtual classroom session.
Browser Respondus Monitor is locked down.
A locked browser used to take tests in D2L Brightspace is referred to as a LockDown Browser. It is quite handy to prohibit you from printing, copying, visiting another URL, or using other applications while the test is in progress. If a Brightspace test requires the Respondus LockDown Browser, you will not be able to take the test using a conventional web browser. This unique browser should only be used to take Brightspaces quizzes and should not be used in any other parts of Brightspace.
To use LockDown Browser to take a quiz, you must first log into Brightspace using a regular browser, then select the course and navigate to the quiz. You can either install the LockDown Browser or use it to take the exam from this point. If you already have the LockDown Browser installed on your computer, all you have to do is click the Launch LockDown Browser button.
If no one is available, this link will allow you to download it and install it on your computer. When prompted to close a blocked program such as screen capture or instant messaging, select Yes. If you need to record yourself during the test, there is a tutorial to verify if you have a webcam. Remember that after you’ve begun the test, you can’t exit it until you’ve clicked the Submit button.
also you may like this>>> PowerSchool LSR7