D2L Clarion refers to Clarion University’s web-based learning management system. Brightspace by D2L (Desire2Learn) is its full name. It is designed for both traditional and online instruction.
This is intended to provide a robust online learning environment for all Clarion University students. The platform is where instructors can share course documents, assignments and tests, lectures, and collaborative learning opportunities such as discussion boards, among others.
D2L Technical Requirements
- Microsoft’s Edge browser (the latest version)
- Mozilla Firefox (the latest version)
- Microsoft Chrome (the latest version)
- Apple Safari (the latest version)
Microsoft Internet Explorer (la dernière version) formerly appeared on the list of supported browsers. Since January 2020, however, it is no longer supported for Brightspace access. Please no longer consider this browser.
- Android 5.0+
- Windows 10
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or above is required for desktop computers.
- It is recommended to use either the Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome web browser.
Logging into D2L Clarion
To access any online courses at Clarion University, a login is required. If you do not know how to do it, the following guide will assist you:
- Clarion University’s D2L page can be accessed at clarion.edu/d2l. Anyone who want to log into D2L must first visit this page. In addition, you can use the MyClarion Tools link in the gold bar at the top of the www.clarion.edu homepage to navigate.
- Choose Clarion Students/Faculty/Staff when prompted.
- Next, enter your MyClarion login, which is your email address minus the @clarion.edu domain, and password. After that, don’t forget to click the Login button.
- In the end, you will be able to access your course by clicking on the course’s name in the drop-down course selection located at the page’s top. To bring the course to the top of the list, simply click the Pin button to the right of the course’s name. In addition, you can access your course by heading to the My Courses section, where all courses are shown with a visual and title. Those who wish to pin or unpin courses from this area can simply utilize the three-dot actions option on the course image. In addition, it is possible to search for courses by clicking the View all Courses link at the bottom left of the screen.
Username and Password for D2L
Before you may access D2L, you must initialize your student D2L account. It is possible by resetting the temporary password provided during enrollment. To change your password, you can simply visit the password reset page.
For those who have registered their Secret Questions, the password reset link is available. If you cannot recall the password associated with your Clarion username, please contact the Computing Services Help Desk at 814 393 2640. Apparently, it is not available 24 hours a day, seven days a week; thus, please call Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
Introduction to D2L Clarion
- My Start Page
My Home Page is the first page displayed when you log into D2L Clarion.
- Personal Settings
Each user can access their Personal Settings by clicking on their name in the upper-right corner of the display. This one contains access to the profile, notification settings, account settings, and logout page.
The locker feature may be accessed on the My Home page. This is where you can upload or create new files to store crucial course materials. As long as you have an internet connection, you may access these files from anywhere. Keep in mind that the storage space is restricted to 20 MB.
- D2L Help
If you need more information on how to navigate your course, you can access the links by clicking D2L Help. Use the Student Documentation link if you require further information or assistance while enrolled in a course. There is also a D2L Support link that will take you to a website where you may access the Clarion University customer support phone number in order to receive assistance.
This customer service is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you can contact them whenever you need. In addition, it is a toll-free number, so you should not worry about being charged. In addition to the toll-free support number, D2L also offers an online help desk ticket for situations that may not require immediate resolution.
- Academic Resources
University Resources contains a few links that may be beneficial to you while you complete your course assignments.
- Assistance and Announcements
Support and Announcement widgets can be accessed on your My Home page. Its precise location is on the right side of the page. This one contains a number of links that you may need if you need something connected to specific sections of your course.
- Planning Your Course
When you view the courses on D2L, you can pin and enroll in them. The Course Nav Bar can be utilized to navigate throughout the course. Through the Nav Bar, all users have access to Content, Assessments, Communication, Resources, D2L Help, and University Resources, among other things.
also you may read this too>>> D2L Millersville Login