Important UC Berkeley Academic Calendar 2022-2023 Dates
Important UC Berkeley Academic Calendar 2022-2023 Dates, Check out the UC Berkeley Academic Calendar for 2022–2023 to find out when you can enroll, when you have to register, and when other important dates are. You can view and download the PDF version of the Berkeley Academic Calendar below. You can add it to your bCal as well.
UC Berkeley’s academic schedule for fall 2022
The Fall Semester of 2022 at UC Berkeley will start on Wednesday, August 17, and end on Friday, December 16, 2022.
Here are some important dates and deadlines on the academic calendar for the Fall Semester at UC Berkeley.
- The last day for continuing students to sign up for Fall Phase 1 is Friday, June 17, 2022.
- Friday, July 1, 2022, is the last day for continuing students who were admitted in the fall or spring to turn in their Statement of Legal Residence.
- On Tuesday, July 12, 2022, new transfer undergraduates can start to sign up for Fall Phase I.
- On Thursday, July 14, 2022, new freshmen can start signing up for Fall Phase I.
- The deadline to send in proof of residency is Friday, July 15, 2022.
- On Friday, July 15, 2022, new graduate students can start school in the fall.
- Monday, July 18, 2022, is the first day that continuing students can sign up for Fall Phase II.
- Adjustment The time to sign up starts on Monday, August 15, 2022.
- UC Berkeley Fall Semester begins on Wednesday, August 17, 2022.
- Friday, August 19, 2022, is the last day to pay for fall classes and registration fees (in full or first installment payment).
- The last day to withdraw without being charged is Tuesday, August 23, 2022.
- Fall classes at UC Bekerley start on Wednesday, August 24, 2022.
- All students have until Friday, September 2, 2022, to drop classes without having to pay a fee. A $10 fee will be charged for each class dropped after this date. It is also the last day for students in their first year to drop EDD classes.
- Labor Day is Monday, September 5, 2022.
- All students have until Friday, September 9, 2022, to add classes without having to pay a fee. There will be a $5 fee for each class added after this date. “Officially registered” must be done by the end of the same day (enrolled, tuition and fees paid, no blocks). After this date, there is a late fee of $150.
- Undergraduates have until Wednesday, September 14, 2022, to add or drop classes, or swap or change units for classes.
- The last day for graduate students to add/drop classes or swap/change units is Friday, September 23, 2022.
- The last day to modify grading options via CalCentral is October 28, 2022. Subsequent revisions require advisor’s permission.
- Veterans Day is observed on November 11th, 2022.
- Thanksgiving at UC Berkeley is on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25, 2022.
- Classes at UCB conclude on Friday, December 2, 2022.
- The dates for Berkeley’s RRR week (Reading/Review/Recitation Week) for the Fall semester are Monday, December 5, 2022 through Friday, December 9, 2022.
- The final day of classes will be on Friday, December 9, 2022.
- Monday, December 12, 2022 through Friday, December 16, 2022 are the dates for the Final Exams.
- Fall semester concludes Friday, December 16, 2022.
Spring 2023 academic Calendar for UC Bekerley
Spring Semester at UC Berkeley commences on Tuesday, January 10, 2023, and concludes on Friday, May 12, 2023.
The following are major dates and deadlines from the academic calendar for Spring Semester 2023 at UC Berkeley.
- On January 9, 2023, Phase I Spring enrolment for new undergraduate students concludes. Phase II Spring enrollment for continuing students concludes on the same day.
- Adjustment The enrollment period begins on January 9, 2023.
- The spring semester will commence on Tuesday, January 10, 2023.
- On Friday, January 13, 2023, payment for spring tuition and registration fees is due (in whole or the first installment payment of 20 percent).
- Monday, January 16, 2023 is the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday.
- Spring sessions at UC Bekerley will begin on Tuesday, January 17, 2023.
- On Friday, January 27, 2023, the deadline for all students to drop classes without incurring a fee is. After this date, each class dropped will incur a $10 fee.
- Friday, February 3, 2023 is the last day to add classes without incurring a cost. After this date, each class added will incur a $5 fee. The deadline to become “formally registered” is the same day (enrolled, tuition and fees paid, no blocks). After this date, a late registration fee of $150 will be assessed.
- The deadline for undergraduates to add/drop classes or swap/change units is Wednesday, February 8, 2023.
- Monday, February 20, 2023, is Presidents’ Day.
- Friday, March 10, 2023, is the deadline for colleges to add undergraduate applicants to the spring 2023 degree list.
- Spring break at UC Berkeley in 2023 will run from Monday, March 27, 2023 through Friday, March 31, 2023.
- Cesar Chavez Day is March 31, 2023, on a Friday.
- The last day to alter grading options via CalCentral is March 31, 2023. Subsequent revisions require advisor’s permission.
- Classes will conclude on Friday, April 28, 2023.
- Cal Day has not yet been chosen. Visit calday.berkeley.edu.
- Spring semester Berkeley RRR week (Reading/Review/Recitation Week) is from Monday, May 1, 2023 until Friday, May 5, 2023.
- The last day of class is on Friday, May 5, 2023.
- Exams will be held from Monday, May 8, 2023 through Friday, May 12, 2023.
- The spring semester concludes on May 12, 2023.
- Commencement will be held on May 13, 2023.
- Memorial Day is observed on May 29, 2023.
UC Berkeley Summer Sessions 2023
Important dates and deadlines for Summer Sessions 2023 at UC Berkeley are shown below.
- The first day of Session A (Six Weeks) is Monday, May 22, 2023.
- Memorial Day is observed on May 29, 2023.
- The beginning of Session B (Ten Weeks) is Monday, June 5, 2023.
- Juneteenth Holiday is on Monday, June 19, 2023. Monday classes will meet on June 24, 2023.
- Eight-Week Session C begins on Tuesday, June 20, 2023.
- The Fourth of July is a holiday on Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
- Session A (Six Weeks) concludes on the 30th of June, 2023.
- The start date for Session D (Six Weeks) is Monday, July 3, 2023.
- The start date for Session F (Three Weeks) is Monday, July 3, 2023.
- Academic and Administrative Holiday is July 4, 2023, on Tuesday.
- The conclusion of Session F (Three Weeks) is Friday, July 21, 2023.
- Three-Week Session E begins on Monday, July 24, 2023.
- The conclusion of Sessions B, C, D, and E occurs on Friday, August 11, 2023.
PDF UC Berkeley academic calendar 2022-2023
For PDFs of the previous, present, and future UC Berkeley Academic Calendars, see the Calendar page on the Office of the Registrar website. >>> Important UC Berkeley Academic Calendar 2022-2023 Dates
Questions asked frequently
Here are some frequently asked questions concerning the academic schedule at Berkeley.
How do I verify my Berkeley final exam schedule?
After enrollment, all final test times can be accessed on Cal Central. In the eleventh week of instruction, the official schedule of final examination venues will be made accessible. Online courses have a W prefix in their course numbers (e.g., Psych W1). Not all online courses include final exams in person. If you do not know what form of final exam your online course will have, consult your instructor.
What is Berkeley RRR week?
RRR Week is the week following the conclusion of official class instruction and preceding Berkeley’s final exams. Reading, Review, and Recitation comprise RRR.
It is meant to give students time to study for tests, finish final papers and projects, and attend review sessions and instructor meetings if they want to.
The RRR week is based on the idea that students learn best when they have time to think about what they’ve learned all semester.
At Berkeley, are there classes during RRR week?
Berkeley does not provide any formal classes during RRR week. The state legislature and federal criteria for financial aid, on the other hand, count RRR days as school days.
The academic calendar at UC Berkeley has a note for the end of formal classes and the “final day of teaching” to make this clear.
What is California Day?
Cal Day is a series of events showcasing the brilliance and enjoyment of UC Berkeley. The annual university-wide open house brings approximately 40,000 visitors to Berkeley’s normally bustling campus. The date of Cal Day 2022 will be published on the UC Berkeley Academic Calendar.