LAUSD Zoom Job Aid 2022
LAUSD Zoom Job Aid . Zoom integrates cloud-based video conferencing, cross-platform group chat, and straightforward online meetings into a single, user-friendly platform. As an easier way to connect with students, parents, and staff on video, LAUSD has an agreement with Zoom that allows students to learn from home using video conferencing tools.
Unfortunately, Zoom causes issues for parents, students, and even employees. When faced with complex problems, they will undoubtedly require the Zoom Job Aid to guide them to the optimal solution.
Thank goodness, the LAUSD provides Zoom guides for parents, students, and staff who are utilizing Zoom. See below for the LAUSD Zoom Job Aid!
Zoom Job Assistance for Parents
Here is a guide on what parents should do to join Zoom:
Step 1. Visit the Zoom platform or accept the invitation
- Option 1: Visit https://zoom.us/ and select ‘Join a meeting’, or
- Option 2: Accept an invitation by clicking the lausd.zoom.us link in the invitation email. If the message appears, you must click “Open Zoom Meeting.” If you have never used Zoom before, you must first download and install the Zoom app.
Step 2. To join a meeting, you must enter the 9 to 11-digit meeting number provided by the staff in Step 2.
Step 3: If prompted, you must enter your name. This name will be visible to all attendees of the meeting. You may be required to enter a password here.
Step 4. Connect to audio (speakers and microphone) via telephone or computer audio. Select ‘Join Audio Conference by Computer’ then. If you receive a pop-up message asking if Zoom may use your microphone, you must select “Allow.”
Alternatively, if your computer lacks speakers, you can click “Join by Phone Cell” to receive a list of phone numbers that you can use to join the meeting’s audio.
Step 5. If you receive a message instructing you to wait for the host to begin the meeting, the host has not yet begun the meeting. Here, you must double-check the meeting time and wait a few minutes for the meeting to begin.
Here are some tips for making the most of your Zoom meeting:
- If possible, you should conduct the call in a quiet location.
- When you are not speaking for extended periods, you can muffle your microphone to eliminate background noise.
- You may also leave the video feature on if you’re comfortable doing so. However, it will benefit all parties if you demonstrate connection and attentiveness.
Zoom Career Assistance for Students
This information is intended for LAUSD students using Zoom for online school. If you are a LAUSD student who uses Zoom on a computer, you must wear headphones to reduce background noise. Here’s some information for the guide:
Step 1: Click on the link to the meeting that your teacher sends you.
Step 2: If you have never used Zoom before, you must click Download and launch the program. If you have Zoom installed on your computer, you can click the Open zoom.us button.
Step 3: After launching Zoom, you may get a similar notice to the one on the right. Once your instructor joins the conference, the virtual room will appear.
Step 4: It’s possible that your instructor has all participants muted when they initially attend the meeting. At this point, you will only be able to hear your instructor. Therefore, your instructor will be unable to hear you.
The notification to the right may or may not show if your instructor invites you to talk. If the ‘Unmute Myself’ button does appear, you can click it.
Step 6: Exit the conference room by clicking “Go Meeting” in the lower right-hand corner if you need to leave early or if your teachers inform you that the meeting has concluded.
Zoom Job Help for Staff
Zoom supports up to 300 participants for online video conferencing. In this situation, LAUSD workers with a LAUSD single sign-on login and password can schedule a meeting at any time by following the instructions below!
Step 1: Go to lausd.zoom.us if you’re a LAUSD employee who wishes to work with Zoom.
The second step is to log in with a LAUSD single sign-on account.
Step 3: Next, navigate to the ‘Schedule a Meeting’ page and input the meeting’s subject, date, time, and duration. Select the “Save” button.
Step 4: You may invite others to the meeting in the ‘Time’ area by clicking ‘Copy the invitation’ in the ‘Join URL’ part or by choosing ‘Outlook Calendar’. Then, paste the contents of the clipboard into your pre-established meeting invitation.
Possible Problems with LAUSD Zoom
- When attempting to join a Zoom conference from inside or outside of Schoology, Zoom authentication, internal use, and/or approved attendee issues may arise, particularly for children. There are at least the following potential reasons why users cannot join the Zoom meeting:
- The teachers may not have followed the specific instructions in the job assistance, which are required of all teachers.Teachers may wish to teach or lecture to a class with several rosters or multiple periods during “one” Zoom conference. The instructor then copies and pastes the Zoom meeting link from one course to the next.
ALSO YOU CAN READ THIS >>> Best Spring 2022 Class Schedule at UTSA